Monday 25 March 2019

Nephews 1st Birthday (Free Writing)

If you a brand new comer to my blog, every Monday my class gets to have 20 minutes of Free Writing, where we get to write about anything we want. This week I will be writing about my nephews 1st birthday. Hope you enjoy :)

1st Birthday

On the Saturday just gone pass it was my nephews 1st Birthday. His name is Clem named after his grandfather who passed away 2 years ago. His mum had been planning this birthday for about two days, and has been up for hours getting all the decoration done for the day. Clem's Party theme was a Wild animal theme, we all had to be dressed up as a wild animal for the party, my mum just wore a coloured shirt cause she didn't know what to wear, my dad wore a black and white to show that he is a panda, and I wore a leopard printed mini dress. I know your thinking, why is your dad a panda if pandas are wild animals, well...he didn't really have that much stuff to wear so he just decided to joke around and go as a panda. When we got there, there were these people setting up little fence areas, at first I was wondering what are those for? Well when I got out of the car there were little animals getting put into different sections of little fences that were put up. There was one for 2 little piglets, there was one with ducks and chickens in them, there was one with bunny's and guinea pigs, there was with 2 little goats in of the other ones, and then there was a more larger area which were for 2 sheep's and 1 cow. All these animals were hired for about a 1 hour or so for us to go in and pet them. Like always there were rules and the rules were, 1 when you hold them you have to be sitting down, 2 don't pick their hair off, and 3 always close the little gate behind you. There were also 2 pony's that came but you could ride those ones. 1 had a carriage on the back and the other just had a saddle. Besides the nice Petting Area there was, a Fire Engine jumping castle, a topping area for the ice cream, Pin the tail and the donkey, and a colouring in competition. Through out the day little challenges came up like little games, and whoever won got a bottle of lollies. I won the spoon race. After the birthday all of us older kids went down for a swim. After the swim everyone started going home. So that was my Nephew Clem's 1st Wild Life Theme Birthday.  

Hope you enjoyed :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounded like a pretty cool day. I saw pictures of his amazing cake on Facebook! You have talked about the events in order, but maybe you could focus on some of the senses to add more description. What was it like in the petting zoo? What could you see, feel (especially the different animals), smell, hear, taste?

    ReplyDelete