Monday 26 March 2018

Maths Problem



Today for maths I had to do a maths problem. And my problem was Mane needs to buy 114 socks for school rugby team. Socks come in packets of 6. How many packs does he need to buy? So I explained the way I worked it out was that I made a table with one side packets and the other socks. So what I done is I knew that if there were 6 in a pack than I would've had to count in 6. So I started with 1 and 6 and carried in. Once I got to 18x6 than that's when I found out that it equalled 114. So than I got Mane had to get 18 packets of socks for the rugby team. Than I wrote 18x6=114.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you using a table to show your working out! I may have done it differently by going 6 x ____ = 114, 6 x 10 = 60 then there are 54 left over so 6 x 9 = 54. Then add the packs together. Has anyone else got any other ways?

    ReplyDelete