Monday 2 September 2019

Free Writing: Term 3: Week 7


Netball Break Up Party:
On Saturday the 31st of August the Year 7 & 8 netball teams had our netball break up party. Our Schedule was 11 am at the Flip Out and the we get to the pools at 12. That didn't work out too well. Arona (Magic's coach) had send a message to Flip Out to tell them we were coming to place at 11 am and save us a spot, but when we arrived they had said that they never got our message and that the place is packed up. We either had to wait till 11 or 11:30.  Of course we waited till 11;30 for more people to leave the place. When waiting we were jut taking pictures, and a man that worked at the place came and told us the rules about the place. Once 11:30 came we straight away went up but then Jess (My coach) said did the man tell you guys to go in ? and well we ran back down and asked him if were able to go in ad he said yes. We went in ad straight I went to jump of a obstacle and you guessed it, my legs fell asleep and I didn't land properly. Next time I jumped off I landed and carried on from there. I tried jumping onto a obstacle and hit my right knee on it and gave myself  big bruise. After that my goal was to be able to land a front flip. I was able to do a front flip, but I wasn't able to land right on my feet. So I spent the last 30 minutes or so at Flip Out to focus on getting the locked in. Just as we were about to leave I cracked it. It's now 1 o'clock and we are on our way to the pools (Wave pools). We were there until 4 and it was my first time and I was so excited. A few times we left the pool and went to the spa. My day was overall I good day and I enjoyed my day. It was the best way to end the year with the 2 teams. ( I will do a separate post for photos)  

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jacquelyn my name is Angela I am a year 6 student, I go to Paihia School and I am in Te Ngahere. I went onto your blog because I saw Netball Break up Party and I play Netball on Saturdays, and I wanted to read your blog post. I liked reading your blog post because it was very interesting because you told us what you did, where you went and your emotions. I remember when my Netball team had our Netball break up party and we went to the beach had a swim, feed and games. What I enjoyed about your story was when you went to jump on the obstacles because you made it sound really fun. What was your favourite part of the day?
    Ka Kite!

    ReplyDelete