Monday 23 September 2019

Free Writing: Kapa Haka Wananga

For my free writing this week I will be talking about my wananga that had been help this weekend. Before I get into it I would like to say thank you to all the teachers and paretns that had helped out with breakfast, lunch, and dinner prep. Also to the tutors that gave up their family time this weekend to be with us :) Hope you enjoy this writing :)

Kapa Haka Wananga:
This past weekend I had a Kapa Haka Wananga with my group name Te Rau Pou Manawa. We have been working since Term 2 this year for when we go down to Waikato because we came 3rd place last year. So this wananga was one of the few wananga's we've had this week. Our last wananga was held at Oromahoe Marae. Sometimes we go to local marae's and sometimes we just stay at school. So this wananga was held at our School. It had started at 6pm on Friday night and ended 4pm on Sunday. I was unfortunately unable to attend Friday night for I was at a tangi. 2 of our kaihaka weren't there the whole weekend because they had also attended this wananga. This wananga we were missing a few people but we had to go on. We were missing 4 people. We had to learn this new part to our Whakawatea (Exit), we learned out to haka (haka voice), we had Matua Shane in for some singing, and on Sunday we had did transformations from item to item. This wananga was the best working ethic wananga we've had. Normally it would take us 1 block to get 1 transformation in. This weeked we got 2 in 1 block. It's that mind blowing but it's achievement and achievement is all our tutors want from us. This weekend was so fun, and I hope that we get more great wananga like this. We worked so hard that I lost my voice and I'm not able to speak properly. 

Best wananga ever, keep up the great work everyone we are doing really well :)

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jaquelyn my name is Ben and I’m a year seven student from Paihia School. I like your blog post about the Wananga Free Writing, I like this blog post because of the dedication you had put into your Wananga. Our Kapa Haka Roopu did the same this year because they were in the Kaikohe Cultural Festival. Did you practice every weekend as well in term two? Keep up the good blog posts.

    ReplyDelete